The NSW Government’s Dine & Discover initiative will be extended by a month to give people more time to use their vouchers, whether that be eating out or trying a new activity this winter.

The latest data shows more than 4.23 million people in NSW have downloaded the vouchers since they were launched in March, spending a combined total of more than $357 million with registered businesses when adding in the additional spend on top of the voucher amount.

Cabinet Secretary, The Hon. Natasha Maclaren-Jones MLC said the stimulus had proved popular and played a valuable role supporting local businesses as well as reviving consumer confidence. 

“This program is win-win for communities – it’s provides local businesses with much needed stimulus and families with hip pocket relief,” Mrs Maclaren-Jones said.

“People of all ages and from all walks of life are giving them a go and we don’t want anyone to miss out. This extension will ensure everyone has a chance to use all four of their vouchers, which I’m sure will be particularly handy in the school holidays.”

Every adult in NSW is eligible for four $25 vouchers, worth $100 in total, to spend across the 14,000 participating businesses.

Dining out has been particularly popular, with patrons across the State spending on average $41 for every $25 voucher used.

Mrs Maclaren-Jones said the enthusiastic take up of the vouchers showed digital initiatives were the way of the future.   

“It’s not too late for businesses to register and customers are encouraged to sign up and spend their vouchers before they expire on July 31, 2021,” Mrs Maclaren-Jones said.

“We’re giving people more time to take full advantage of these vouchers, so make sure you sign up and use them before you lose them.”

The vouchers had been due to expire on June 30.

The vouchers can only be used at eligible businesses that have implemented a COVID Safety Plan and are registered as COVID Safe.